• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

JC Morrison

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
That time was apparently a tumultuous one for audio mags. I got all of my Sound Practices Mags (lucky me!) but I got cut off of my Valve subscription. My last issue of Valve was the floor plan and show schedule for some show in Washington State. I asked Doc B about it and he basically turfed me. It was suggested that I should STFU. I thought at the time he was a dick. He castigated me for complaining and suggested that I should just suck it up. F" that.
I appreciate the help that has been provided by Paul J, Dan B. and and his associates but if you accept a payment for a subscription, you should either honor the subscription or refund the funds.
Just because everyone loves you now doesn't mean you weren't a douche bag in the past. I paid for a paper magazine and received nothing.

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Just a teaser: JC & JR

Attachments

• jc & jr.jpg
    jc & jr.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 421
hmmmm... jan didden told me people were complaining about me over here. against my better judgement i took a look. and while i normally welcome threats and rumor, i feel i should give tubesguy a fair reply, given the help he tried to give me when i tried to start "analog hacker". tubesguy, as i don't live in the usa and probably won't return, it may take a while for you to see your 20 bucks. on the other hand, if you make it to my neck of the woods someday, perhaps to etf (?), i will take you out and feed you properly... and we can chat like old aquaintances, about anything you like.

and in the meantime, please feel free to contact me and we can nerd out over any issue you might entertain audiowise.

by way of explanation, not an excuse, i'll let you in on what happened to "analog hacker". in 1998, my brother was diagnosed with throat cancer. he moved in with me, and i helped take care of him, physically and finacially. between 98 and 04, he worsened and then passed. my father died right after. and then i lost everything... my home, most of my possessions, and a bit of my heart and mind. that should cover the magazine. and since then, i have shared as much of my work and thinking as i can, free of charge, at every opportunity i get. since 2006, that would be a fair bit of stuff. i suppose it isn't exactly the same as a rag, but i do try. i left the usa in 2010. my pension was gambled away by the banks in 08, and i quit EH/new sensor 3 days before the financial collapse so my wife could start a new job at a company that backed away from the job once the extent of the collapse was apparent. yes, it was a good long run of poor luck... but i have started over in scandinavia and am pretty happy. a contributing member of society, and a hopefully a citizen soon! i have a blog... it's a humble little bunch a pixels but i do try to make it honest. if you can get some ideas or inspiration from it, that makes me feel even better about it. if not, then we part. and you can cover me with threats and rumor. and that's where i think i will leave it.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
methinks that nanana was and still is one of the good guys , to which I owe more than 24 greenies ......... for helping me (through SP ) outa my personal era of blindness

yup , I paid dearly for xerox* of almost all SP numbers - which were distributed (*as such) by official AN UK distributor in my country :rofl:

hmmmm... jan didden told me people were complaining about me over here. against my better judgement i took a look. and while i normally welcome threats and rumor...

Just to set the record straight, I don't think anybody here was complaining about JC Morrison (you, nanana), just one person wondering what happened. You are one of the good guys; I've always enjoyed your contributions to the tube audio community that you have given so freely, over the years. Thank you for sharing. It's great that you had the opportunity to move to one of the Scandinavian countries; I would love to have that chance.

So, JC Morrison = :)

And you people here on this forum are correct; I am being petty and vindictive by airing my complaints about Joe Roberts; something that happened so long ago.

Last edited:
Like they say in Poland ,it's better to loose with a good man than find it with an idiot .. (or something like that).:D

On the other hand my home that I spent all my money on and over a year of labor of love is worthless and bank is taking the house of my fiancee next week on which she spent all her money and her father a year of life. Give me some names to blame, people (except ourselves ) :headshot:

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.