• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Schematics TVA Mentmore M100 M200

Mentmore M100

HI

Ive just been given a a pair of these amps and they work. They were built in 1989 and I think they have never been used. I beleive they are
similar to the TVA10 but with some differences. I have a schematic for the TVA 10 but not for the Mentmore M100.
Does anyone know anything about these amps or where I can get a schematic.

Ps They sound very good with wonderful tight bass.

Thanks

Mentmore schematics

Did you get hold of the schematic ?
I am in a need for the schmatics too.

Regards
Per
dear,
maybe here as these people used to make them under Papworth name.
Papworth Audio Technology

I had M100 of Mentmore. One pcb burned out..... I completely took the other working amp apart and desoldered all parts to get the plain pcb....
A hand drawn schematics from London was what they sent me in 1985 or so. Might have it somewhere.
I alo have a screen on transparent foil to make the new circuit boards. I got that from the pcb manufacurer as a backup drawing.
The company does not exist anymore so the drilling schematics are lost (different size holes for parts).
Hope the mail will be answered by papworth
good luck

Mario Gert Rouwenhorst

Hello,

Today I bought one Michaelson & Austin M100 amp in non working condition. I would be very interested in a schematic for this if someone has it.

I know that finding a second amp will be nearly impossible. Does anyone know if the transformers are available somewhere? I may try to build a clone if I can get this one working.

I also would be very interesed in a copy of the pcb layout, if I go this route. But of coarse getting this one working is the first step.

Thanks, Rob.

Attachments

• IMG_20190306_230507_034.jpg
    IMG_20190306_230507_034.jpg
    335.2 KB · Views: 250
Last edited:
MENTMORE M200 MONOBLOKS (Circa early 1980s...)

I sold two matching pairs of these amplifiers earlier this year - in Auckland, NZ.

All four were near mint and virtually unused since new, but some wiring mods had been started - and not finished.

I ran out of time before departing NZ, so never heard them running.

I thought the panel might appreciate a few of our photos.

Has anyone heard a MENTMORE M200 Monoblok pair in action?

Attachments

• SINGLE MONO 2 CAGE OFF Faceplate.jpg
    SINGLE MONO 2 CAGE OFF Faceplate.jpg
    532.3 KB · Views: 150
  • BOTH MONO 2 CAGE OFF 1.jpg
    BOTH MONO 2 CAGE OFF 1.jpg
    855.6 KB · Views: 218
Reactions: 1 user
Hi,
Sorry to dig up an old thread but I'm new to the forum but wanted to introduce myself as an owner of a pair of M200s, however not original...
@SONDEKNZ I believe i have the two from you that had the wiring project started but not finished. There was also quite a bit of damage/modification to the original PCBs. They we're essentially beyond restoring to their original state, so have been custom built over the last couple of years. 22 tubes in total between the pair, helps keeping us warm through winter!
IMG_20230110_200748.jpg
IMG_20230419_205206.jpg

Reactions: 1 user