• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Audio Institute VR-70E amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Right, it's been a few months since last post, and I think some news should be spread here - David (mintymiller), I am sure you wont mind ;)
One thing I would like to confirm - like I was predicted, David's Amplifier wasn't never been derated in any way. That's been checked as I had the pleasure of being visited by David, and one of the reasons was some comparisons of our Amps:
ccad585a31c0ea28gen.jpg

There were some differences between those two Amps according to different level of modifications, but both definitely were working at the same volume levels - confirming that there wasn't any issue with his Amp.
Few other items we checked, including other amps and loudspeakers, but I have to admit that Dave left my house with new addiction - that was result of listening to my 6S33S SET Amplifier - sorry David, I warned you before it was turned on :D

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.