• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

E130L Micron

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Aza, do you tried with E130L? Let me know what. I am interested in this tube. My old wish is related to this tube. I read on GA magazine to Rikard Berglung Testes to valves and this was one the more linear and efficient of all tetrodes.

Hi Aza, do you tried with E130L? Let me know what. I am interested in this tube. My old wish is related to this tube. I read on GA magazine to Rikard Berglung Testes to valves and this was one the more linear and efficient of all tetrodes.
Of course! I have a prototype according My schematic with SG4S stab 150 v /Russia/ for second grid, and 6Н8С with metal base from 50-s. If You interest I will explain You. Today for a first time I listened this new amplifier. Cool sound with big power /more than 6S33S, IMO/ amazing middle freq., I'm very glad. Band wider 20 -40000 Hz with constant amplitude, without distortions.

OK.
Output stage: +U = 280-290V, OT - 2.5 - 3 kohm. U plate = about 280-275 v.
I plate = 95-100 ma.
+150 v /from СГ4/ stab. on second screen cross 200 ohm/ 1W.
Grid stopper res. 1 kohm and grid res. 100 kohm on first grid.
Cathode res 155 - 160 ohm / 3 pcs 470 0hm-2W in parallel/ with shunt cap 1000 uF/25 v Nichicon. Ucathode = 14-15V.
Note, please, ONLY penthode mode like above! NO triode mode! I tried and burned one tube.
Slitting RC group between output stage and pre stage: res. 2 kohm/1W - el. cap 270 uF/400v to ground.
Pre stage: Mode for 6Н8С / 6SN7/: Input pot. - 2.2 kohm., grid res. - 680 kohm, grid stopper res. - 1 kohm, plate res. 27 kohm/1 W, I plate - 4-5 ma U plate about 130 v, cathode res. - 680 kom with shunt 1000 uF-ELNA, cathode U-3.2 v.
PS - U from second coil - 210-220V AC. Bridge rect. 4 X HER108E. First cap 150uF to ground. Choke - 40 ohm/5-10Hn. From second cap 470uF - +U to OT and... to plate stab СГ4 /cross res. 3 kohm-10W/. Cathode to ground. Between plate and cathode - 4.7 nF
Gain 6SN7 is enough to drive E130L.
But what is production "Micron"!

Last edited:
Thanks Alexander and Many thanks to Aza. I have these diagrams, I like the Armin Ohrem one, the transformer is hard to make, with this concept I thank in use a Unity type, but with the G2 winding is possible to use the valve in UL without killing it. Anybody of you have listen this valve in PP or SE? In the positive case, the sound is better than EL34?
While until the moment I couldn't say which is the origin of the MICRON label or trade name.
Best Regards

Azazzello friend, This tube is like el36 or e236L, high perveance, It's like horizontal sweep tube with a monster cathode.
Did you read any article of Rickard Berglung? Who know about him?
This author make several bench with many audio, tv and rf tubes. He found that the E130L has the less distortion of all. I collect many E130L with audio purpose and like you, never use them.

E235L is better without anode cap. Better for naked amps. I have both, but the best is EL3010 is a special edition of E130L but too expensive. I had YL1350 but i trade for pay some wife's things. Another valve I have plenty for some assays is the RS1003, but while I not found any strong circuit further some SE for electric guitar.
OK friend have a nice afternoon

The tubes in question might be Philips or Tungsgram manufacture. the later being the most likely.

The E235L is an EL36 without the anode cap.
Compare the pentode curves of both at vg2= 170V to see for yourself.

The E130L is likely one of the best pentodes ever made. Yet it is not a tube that you should try for your first build. As its prone to oscillation. :p

dady, they are all great tubes. Hope you do something with them, someday.
Wow, didn't knew about EL3010. I found a TFK pair on ebay for 328 dollars:eek:

I think, Micron is more like Philips's job. I'm pretty sure they are Philips.
And, yes, awesome tubes. I think to get hold of a pair.

Nikola, do they glow blue in the dark ? :D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.