Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Vacuum Tube SPICE Models
Vacuum Tube SPICE Models
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 20th July 2019, 05:17 PM   #2051
Koonw is offline Koonw
diyAudio Member

https://frank.pocnet.net/sheets/021/4/49.pdf

In the last curve of the above it's for type 47, which is a pentode of 3 grid, the other 2 is for type 49 not sure why they appeared on same sheet.

I still think one needs to generate first a model similar to a tetrode even though it's not a true tetrode but it behaves like one, as seem in triode mode g2 is same as screen (g2) of conventional tetrode, connected to plate HT , while g1 is used as input, not the other way round.

Last edited by Koonw; 20th July 2019 at 05:21 PM.
Old 20th July 2019, 06:57 PM   #2052
rongon is offline rongon  United States
diyAudio Member

Vacuum Tube SPICE Models
I hadn't noticed that the 49 data sheet includes a set of 47 pentode curves. That's odd. I'm not sure how that would work out, since even if you connect the 49 as a tetrode, it should have a kink in its curves due to the lack of a suppressor grid (g3).

Is it not possible to generate a triode model based on the curves from the 49 data sheet? I doubt anyone would be interested in Class B operation anyway, but I'll bet there are people out there who'd be interested in Class A triode use.
Old 20th July 2019, 08:19 PM   #2053
Adrian Immler is offline Adrian Immler  Switzerland
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rongon View Post

I made a mistaken assumption. Type 49 is not a tetrode at all, [...]
Hi rongon
Of course the 49 is a tetrode, as a tetrode is defined by containing 2 grids. The 49 is just intended by it's designers to be driven in not so common modes.

Like the 12K5, another tetrode intended for unusual modes, where g1 is on a fixed (positive) voltage and the modulation is done with g2 by applying negative voltages. Tetrodes for this special mode are known as space charge tubes.

all the best, Adrian
Old 20th July 2019, 10:38 PM   #2054
Koonw is offline Koonw
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rongon View Post
Is it not possible to generate a triode model based on the curves from the 49 data sheet? I doubt anyone would be interested in Class B operation anyway, but I'll bet there are people out there who'd be interested in Class A triode use.
Yes, you can separately generate a triode model using the 49 triode curve with CurveCaptor, but the model does not measure or detect dissipation of g2, for instance since it's presented as triode only, user has to make aware of this..

Paint tool can deal with or insert kink, knee and other odd things..these are lacking in other tools.

Last edited by Koonw; 20th July 2019 at 10:46 PM.
Old 22nd July 2019, 05:12 AM   #2055
diyAudio Member

Hi rongon

I have a freshly baked 49_i2 tetrode model for you!
It is by the way the premiere for my generic tetrode model, and I'm quite happy how god it fits.

As my model consist of 94 lines of code, it seems to me better not to insert it on this forum... So, please download it here:
http://adrianimmler.simplesite.com/440956786

all the best, Adrian
Attached Images
File Type: png fit_49_classB-Mode.png (781.2 KB, 170 views)
File Type: png fit_49_TriodeConnected.png (769.9 KB, 170 views)
Old 22nd July 2019, 06:42 PM   #2056
rongon is offline rongon  United States
diyAudio Member

Vacuum Tube SPICE Models
Thanks Adrian! It looks like you've got a really tight match to the published curves. That is really impressive. Very nice indeed. Much appreciated.

Last edited by rongon; 22nd July 2019 at 06:50 PM.
Old 22nd July 2019, 08:55 PM   #2057
diyAudio Member

You ‚re welcome, rongon!
Old 24th July 2019, 10:56 AM   #2058
Airsal is offline Airsal
diyAudio Member

Hi all together,

is it possible for someone to write me the .inc for the 6AS6 pentode?

6AS6, Tube 6AS6; Rohre 6AS6 ID4587, Vacuum Pentode

Many thanks in advance!
Old 28th July 2019, 01:02 PM   #2059
MarekH is offline MarekH
diyAudio Member

It strikes me we have an excellent resource for storing all of the datasheets and their curves in the form of frank.pocnet.net but haven't yet organised the ever growing number of spice models derived from the datasheets or self-traced curves .

Would it make sense for someone to work with the admin on frank.pocnet.net and simply add all of the spice models onto that database in some way? I appreciate there'd be swaps and interpretations but at least they'd all be in one place.

kind regards
Marek
Old 8th August 2019, 07:46 PM   #2060
TheGimp is offline TheGimp  United States
diyAudio Member

The datasheet for the 49 is taken from the 1937 RCA-13 manual. The manual does not have a graph following the text for the 47, and places it in with the 49 tube. This is indeed strange as the 48 tube data has a graph right after the text.

Vacuum Tube SPICE ModelsHide this!Advertise here!