• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Spice model for GU50 (LT-Spice)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thank you. In this model G3 is missing. So basically a tetrode is simulated and not a pentode. Does the model work anyway?
.SUBCKT GU50 1 2 3 4 ; P G2 G1 K (Pentode) 21-Nov-2001 X1 1 2 3 4 Tetro MU=73.53 EX=1.150 KG1=194.7 KP=13.28 KG2=4500 + KVB=30.3 VCT=0.00 RGI=2k CCG=14P CPG1=0.1P CCP=9.2P .ENDS

It works but far from accurate, here is a comparison of the model vs. the datasheet.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Who cares. GU50 pentode curves are inconsistent anyway.
What to choose?

Attachments

• GU-50_Ug2=250V.jpg
    GU-50_Ug2=250V.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 244
  • GU-50_Ug2=250V_V2.jpg
    GU-50_Ug2=250V_V2.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 266
Ex-Moderator
Joined 2011
I think Mr. Karpov built his model not based on datasheet but by tracing an actual tube, so the model would need to be adjusted to match the datasheet. I am also interested to see some actual traces of the Chinese FU50 tubes to see if they are even close to the old LS50 and GU50. Then I will build the pentode model using Ayumi's pctube.

"Hey, how did I miss those? Which make was the GU50? Just curious if those curves match up with any of the commonly available datasheets... "

They are labeled ry-50 and have two sets of three curved lines that merge to form an upside down tree with a short arrow above pointing up. Wavebourn sent them over to curve trace. Also has a diamond shape mark with OTH 34 inside, probably some test code.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.