• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Need help with a Curcio Daniel 1

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi I am new to the forum and need a little bit of help. I rescued a non working Curcio Daniel 1 Preamp. I was hoping someone out there still had the article from Issue 2 1985 of the Audio Amateur magazine. Or a copy of the schematics I could get. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance. Update Sept. 30... The beasty lives, redo 23 solder joints and a new set of Jan Sylvania 6dJ8s. Latest update a special thanks to Alexander for the help. And also to Craig
Reid

Last edited:
Hi reidabix,

I am a new member here myself, but I have been working on my Daniel for the last month or so (it's been in the closet forever). I have a copy of the TAA article if you need it and would be interested to compare notes with your build if you're still in process on it.
Best regards
PatH

I built the Daniel I, strident and crispy. Separate PS, there is nothing special in this circuit. Paralleled 6DJ8 and cascode in the phono section I made two boards I took all the cares, matched every component, caps from the RIAA, one for one and used the 6922 gold pins I got in Argentine Air force. I Still have there in la patagonia Argentina. I don't miss any of this preamp, is a solution for a problem that non exist.
For a real vacuum tube preamp, look for the RPT3c from Allen Wright (sadly he died some time ago) But there are a special thread in this forum. The other one is get the Daniel II, this is an amazing circuit.
Best Regards

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.