Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

buyer beware
buyer beware
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 9th October 2019, 05:21 PM   #41
Stephane Vorstellung is offline Stephane Vorstellung  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pblix View Post
If you want a phono "pcb" and source your own parts.
Yeah I'll have to look at those closer. I'd hope they come with some sort of instructions. I noticed that it looked like their power supply is sold separately(makes some sense) but not sure what exactly that means for selecting a chassis, selecting transformers, wiring and so on. If you or anyone have good threads to point to, let me know.
THanks for the response.
Old 9th October 2019, 07:02 PM   #42
Steve Morley is offline Steve Morley  Canada
diyAudio Member

Stephane,
At the risk of tooting my own horn, look at the attached links to the final parts of two different builds. Look around the site and you'll find all parts for both a line stage and phono stage build.

Regards, Steve

DIY Tube Phono Project Part 5: Circuit Board – Chassis Integration | Wall of Sound | Audio and Music Reviews

Battle of the Cheap Line Stages, Part 4 | Wall of Sound | Audio and Music Reviews
Old 9th October 2019, 08:30 PM   #43
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Morley View Post
Stephane,
At the risk of tooting my own horn, look at the attached links to the final parts of two different builds. Look around the site and you'll find all parts for both a line stage and phono stage build.

Regards, Steve

DIY Tube Phono Project Part 5: Circuit Board Chassis Integration | Wall of Sound | Audio and Music Reviews

Battle of the Cheap Line Stages, Part 4 | Wall of Sound | Audio and Music Reviews
Thanks!
Old 10th October 2019, 03:04 AM   #44
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Morley View Post
Stephane,

Regards, Steve

DIY Tube Phono Project Part 5: Circuit Board Chassis Integration | Wall of Sound | Audio and Music Reviews

I just looked at some of the documentation on the Chassis Integration links: that's fantastic work. I'm really impressed. If I go that route and have questions I'll start a new thread. I feel like I've maybe taken the current one far enough off course. But man: the photos (with clearly labeled parts and board locales!) along with the with narrative is really outta sight. Thank you!
Old 11th October 2019, 01:06 AM   #45
nigelwright7557 is offline nigelwright7557  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garageguy55 View Post
. After many hours of searching I found a problem on the pcb and advised Roy. His answer "OK, so it looks like you found an error on that board, that's good, that's how things get fixed". No apology or assistance of any kind - he said I could buy another pcb at my expense or have him fix it at my expense - Great service for a kit worth $1000.00 !
That's the Microsoft way of debugging.
Get it 95% of the way there then get it out and let the punters find the rest of the bugs ! Its just lazy debugging....
Bugs are inversely proportional to how much time you spend debugging.

buyer bewareHide this!Advertise here!