• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Quick question about grounding

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
RCA schematic check need help

Hello guys I'm new to this about tube amplifiers and I found this schematic from a 1959 RCA book "PDF" and I would like to give it a try, I build solid states amplifier but also I like to learn tube amplifiers, I basically copied the schematic the best I can so if some one can help me out verified is all is ok on this circuit, and yes, I do understand that voltages on tube amplifiers are lethal and can be really dangerous but I'm aware of that I will be careful, "alligator clips all the time", I have found the correct power transformer yesterday and the tube too, the RCA 7199 if I'm correct is no longer in reproduction anymore, so the 6U8 is the substitution for it but just minor wiring has to be modified to fit the 6U8, the RCA 7027-A tube not sure about this I think it also can use 6L6 tubes not sure, about this schematic I just need to know if there is something that might be incorrect or if there is a wrong power supply voltages, I copied the best I can, but I will really appreciate if some one can help me out verified is everything is ok I will leave the scheamatic here in PDF and image format if you want it to add or put notes to it, I will really appreciated.

Regards
Juan

Attachments

• RCA High Fidelity Amplifier Circuits.PNG
    RCA High Fidelity Amplifier Circuits.PNG
    603.9 KB · Views: 46
  • RCA 30 watt HF amp.JPG
    RCA 30 watt HF amp.JPG
    777.9 KB · Views: 43
  • RCA 30 watt HF amp.pdf
    732.4 KB · Views: 33
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.