• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Monster Hammond Output XFMRs

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hmmm. just answered my own question. These things came out of a Hammond E-100 organ and drove two speakers with a tapped secondary, with a HF crossover cap in series with one output. I nabbed a copy of the schematic. The amp used a pair if 7591As - I might settle for 6P3S-Es instead.

It's actually quite a bit more powerfull.
It also ran the Reverberation PP-Amp.
Take a closer look at the schematics.

rgds,

/tri-comp

Attachments

• E100F28e.jpg
    E100F28e.jpg
    429.1 KB · Views: 149
Not too sure about that, as there are 3 output leads on the transformers in question, and the reverb amp shows 2 output leads on the transformer. I'll take more time to figure them out when I actually have a project for them. I'll also check my home copy of the schematic, as it has more resolution.

Edit - I see what you're talking about, now, as what looked murky in the small schematic was a crossover for another speaker output. Having said that, the amp only uses 7591As. I figure the extra transformer mass must be for bass extension.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.