• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Yaqin mc 10l or qinpu 6000 mkii

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Need help which one.to buy this holiday.i know they both made in china.and this is the first analog tube to try i know there are many out there are good but budget wise these two are on my list.can you shed a little light regarding this two amps.

Thanks and more power!!!

an in depth article on the 10L is here.
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/lez/YAQIN MC10/A LOOK AT THE YAQIN MC10L.pdf

I used to own the 10T, which is essentially the same but with some slight changes to run the 12AT7 instead of the 6N1P. Sonically speaking, it was a good - but not great - amplifier. However it was reliable and I logged a few hundred hours on it before selling.

The qinpu is a hybrid i.e. Tube front end but solid state output. The Yaqin is all tube, I have owned mine for many years without any problems. Most owners will tell you to exchange the front end 6N1's for other makes as the sonic improvement is very noticeable. If you get the MC-10T then this would appear to be an even better choice, my friend bought one and as a consequence of hearing it, I am in the process of converting my MC-10L into a MC-10T. Like all Tube amplifiers, you have to be prepared to check it over as you clock up running hours, the qinpu would probably not require as much periodic checking.

I bought the Yaqin MC-10L and am quite happy with it, the build is pretty good and the quality is above its price. I did some mods that you can see on my website but the amp by itself is quite good. I recommend the Canadian seller tabnac or something like that if interested, great experience.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.