• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Glassware Audio Design

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I was just going to order an Aikido ACF Octal PCB and parts from Glassware Audio Design

Akido ACF-2 Octal - ACF-2 Octal Aikido Cathode Follower Kit

I see that the ACF for both Octal and 9Pin are out of stock.

Does anyone know the vendor here? Just curious if the out of stock on stuff is common and they get stuff back in stock quick... Or if I could be in for a few months of "Out of Stock".

All I want for Christmas is an Aikido ACF Octal :hohoho:

I'm not hearing any response on this...

Is the Aikido ACF not good? Does anyone know of any build thread on this?

This looks like a fun build and I'd like to build the ACF Octal and get some big old octal tubes....

Booo Hooo... ACF is not in stock :(

All I want for :hohoho::hohoho: is an ACF Santa

What do people think of the ACF / ACF2? I run a passive pre and dig it. I have a 100 K DACT Attenuator. I run out to a set of monoblocks and I've started to run a subwoofer at times. I think the added sub could use a buffer.

I was thinking of building the ACF and running it between the Attenuator and the Amps and sub. I'd build with one set of input and 2 sets of output. maybe even build in the Attenuator Between the input and ACF

I think this place went under. They have most of what they sell showing as out of stock and has been out of stock since Nov. No response to e-mails etc.

He (John Broskie) posted a new blog four days ago. He does sometimes mention timeframes for restocking specific items in his blogs. He has not mentioned going out of business AFAIK. My impression is that John does very limited board runs and is not in any huge hurry to restock when they run out. I am very happy with the octal linestage board I bought from him a few years ago, FWIW.

If you're not getting through in emails, you might try following these guidelines.

Best of luck!

I currently have a NP B1 buffer which works great with my powered speakers; no gain needed. However, I was a long time tube guy and want to get back into them, so it looks like a Glassware buffer would be a great option with the increased current delivery. Any benefit between the 9 pin and octagonal versions besides the capless option due to the bi-polar supply on the octagonal version?

Old thread I know but wanted to ask this question somewhere relevant. I'm putting together my parts list for the ACF-2 Octal. Very similar 9 pin version manual here: http://www.tubecad.com/2012/02/07/ACF-2 9-Pin.pdf

Snagged the XPWR054-120 as recommended (120V, 60Hz. line to 240V (120-0-120) at 100mA center tapped and 24V (12-0-12) at 2A center tapped), going to run using full wave center tap, so I'll end up with 12V, then configure the jumpers for 6V for 6SN7s.

I'm having difficulty discerning values for R8 and R9. The manual states "Since one triode stands atop another, the heater-to-cathode voltage experienced differs between triodes. The safest path is to reference the heater power supply to a voltage equal to one half the B- voltage; for example, -50V, when using a +/-100V power supply. This voltage ensures that both top and bottom triodes see the same magnitude of heater-to-cathode voltage. Resistors R8 & R9 establish this voltage relationship." I honestly don't know what math I'm supposed to be using to calculate this...

Looks like ClefChef may have been using 100K from this thread, but hard to see: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/tubes-valves/257687-aikido-cathode-follower-preamplifier-remote.html ... but that's as much info as I've been able to find.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.