• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Siliconray SRK 09 tube amp kit help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've just recived my first tube amp kit I went with the siliconray srk 09 I liked the layout and look ps don't know much about electronics but I am an electrician and can understand controls and read a schismatic although I thought the drawing I got with the silicon ray kit was lacking a fair bit of info maybe it's because I'm new to DIY tube amps anyway I've done some markups onto the original drawing eg the second Chanel capacitor polarity tube pin outs ect I would greatly appreciate it if some one who knows what there talking about could look over it to see if what I've done is ok thanx

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    991.2 KB · Views: 125
With a faulty 'period' key your post is hard to read.

Why copy out the channel circuit upside down? The interstage coupling capacitor (0.33uF) is unlikely to be an electrolytic so does not have a + and - side.

The input stage is unusual. It appears to be a cascode with a little positive feedback from lower cathode to upper grid. This feeds an anode-follower output stage.

I don't know why I drew it like that I just started and that's just how it came out like I said I don't have much electronics experience but am keen to get into tubes I'm just looking to start somewhere. And was after some seasoned advice and,I suppose I don't want my first one to blow up. Thanx for the tip on the caps though dose anything else look out of the ordinary

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.