• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Channel imbalance Xiang Sheng DAC-01

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I own two Xiang Sheng DAC-01; this is a well reviewed (if cheap!) little preamp and sold on Ebay and who knows where else. here's a link to factory's page:

http://www.xshn.com/en/display.asp?id=89

Contrary to what is said on the web page, some (both of mine so far, perhaps I was lucky) can be internally jumpered to be a "normal" line level pre also. That is my primary use of it. My problem with one unit only, is there is about a 3 dB imbalance between R/L. With the "control" unit the balance is nearly perfect. I've tried all th easy stuff: spraying with DeOxit, reseated the sole vacuum tube. The same imbalance occurs on both analog inputs as well with the digital optical. Also, whether I use the tube or transistor outs.

I tried to unplug the "jumper" connectors but it appears they are not the unpluggable type. It looks like individual wires are snapped into the female receiver on the PCB. is there a special tool to connect, disconnect these?

Any ideas for further troubleshooting?

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.