• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Full Music 300B solid plate sound fine ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
They seem OK to me. Retrofitted to at least one of my amplifier designs where they worked fine, and have continued to do so for over a year.. (PP 300B monos now owned by a third party) Have heard in several other amps as well. These are actually made and marketed by TJ out of Tianjian China, and is good quality stuff..

Friends

I have interest in get a pair of Full Music 300B solid plate.
Anyone have experience with this tube ? The sound is equilibrate ?
Have good bass and nice mids ?

Thanks,

Aldovan

I have always found the FM to have a strange sound which I think is related to their structure ringing quite a lot. They seem to ring a lot in upper bass/lower mids area which results in an boomy muddy sound. The way they are mounted on the chassis and insulation from vibrations is critical.

Can I suggest a different one? Gold Lion PX300B. For me it's the best "affordable" 300B on the market. It also compares very well with more expensive types so much that it can well be a definitive choice....;)

If you can find it, I would just go with the valve art 300b. Its basically a cheap rebranded shuguang except the valve art seems to be much more reliable. IDK if they are cherry picked tubes or what, but I have a couple pairs that have lasted through many prototypes and still test darn near new.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.