• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

SRPP Paraccordion topology ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I was thinking about the Rush Cascode again (nightmares about SS :D) and the benefit of it keeping same current flow through top and bottom device when I thought maybe this could be used to achieve good current balance in a PP type output ?

Attached: uses OPT with two separate primaries - wired so that dc currents cancel. Allows easy use of toroidal OPT.

p.s. the resistor was an after thought about reducing the Q of any L-C resonances.

Attachments

• SRPP Acordian.jpg
    SRPP Acordian.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 217
the trick would be in the setup of bias and balanced ac signal gain as the bottom triode ground (in ac) has to be in balanced with the top triode's ground (in ac) (across the cathode to tap of the transformer). A screen grid resistor might have to be selected on the top triode to get the signal across primaries symmetric.

the caps + resistor would effectively take any common mode noise from the power supply and inject it at the null point the resistor value would have to be selected ( or even adjustable) after the ratio of top cap value to bottom cap value has been selected.

Concentrate on the circuit itself, guys. Why discuss grid stoppers in a circuit that will never work! The idea with two series connected opposite phase coils is nice and was patented already in the 40´s. I once did a parafeed SE called Vetor. It´s a thread in this forum about it.

118157d1224584192-2a3-se-parafeed-pp-transformer-vetor10.png

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.