• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

New amp: 13DE7 SE hybrid

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
MOSFET choice isn't important, I don't think. Just make sure it meets the ratings for voltage, current, and dissipation. I used what I had on hand. The Cin is probably too high in my MOSFET to be ideal, but go ahead and simulate with a more common MOSFET like an IRF820.

Crrs is the important parameter for the Mosfet.......low capacitance for the others is likewise important, Ciss, Coss.....the lower these figures, the better.....

higher Ciss means you will have to operate the driver tube at higher plate current for good high frequency response....

Last edited:
Just an Update...

i had put a voltage divider. just a series 440k resistor after the coupling cap..the divider formed by 440k and the grid leak resitor of 330k...is it okay with this or i put the divider before coupling cap?

I've lowered the 6n6p cathode bias to 4v and increased the ccs current to around 12ma..i came close to 1/2 b+ at output and improved the sound...bass is hard and tight but a little weak on highs...I use 2sk1341 Mosfet (900v.6A, 100w) with a ciss of 980, Coss of 400 and Crss of 165. Is it good for this design? the ccs mosfet K560 has a higher wattage and capacitances but i think ,it cannot affect since it is only a CCS...

I've also tried using 6N1P's on parallel as Tony suggest but sound is dull..so i reverted it back to 6n6p..... on the next sitting ...i will try to use a pentode and tetrodes,,triode connected in place of 6n6p and see if the sound will be more improved...

BTW, what will be expected gain of tetrodes in Triode connection? will it be high as pentodes in triode connection?...I do have 6J11P-e 4.8w pentode and 6E6P-E 8.25w tetrodes. I think they are alsoo good drivers>..

the 6J11P is like a 6688, triode gain is 60, i can not find info about 6E6P...i can only guess that the 6E6p might have triode gains of 20 max, so you still have a lot of gain......

yes 6j11p is somewhat similar to e280f, D3a, e180f etc.... thanks for the info..

6E6P-e is similar to 6e5p but lower plate voltage and lower wattage..I have the datasheet attached..

im planning to use 6j11p-e as a single driver no more 6n1p prestage...like mosfet follies..however i will try 6e6p as anothe replacement of 6n6p in triode mode...still have high gain but a voltage divider is proven effective in some ways...

Attachments

• 6E6P-E.pdf
    79.2 KB · Views: 159
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.