Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Those Magnificent Television Tubes
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 6th February 2019, 05:57 PM   #1101
thegamebusterpl is offline thegamebusterpl  Poland
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavebourn View Post
I recently damaged 3 of EL34; 2 of them have fried control grids, one has it shorted to cathode. Do you think they still can be usable?
See if you can get any amplifitation by using the screen grid as the control grid and the suppressor as a screen grid. I wonder if you would get a kinked tetrode!
Old 7th February 2019, 07:03 PM   #1102
Wavebourn is offline Wavebourn  United States
Designer & Technologist
diyAudio Member

Interesting idea. But I was thinking about a right handed triode mode. ;-)
Nothing in the universe is perfect. The ideal things are the ones that are most optimal. Optimization criteria, what matters. When I hear "No Compromise Design", I want to take a sledgehammer and test how impact-proof it is.
Old Yesterday, 11:00 AM   #1103
fatbattery is offline fatbattery  Australia
diyAudio Member

Location: In an old house on a hill needing repair looking over an old cemertry.
Hi guys I haven't read this whole thread yet. I want to build the best either enhanced or dual grid drive se amp. Other than the now so expensive el509,pl519 what would be the best tube to try for high power with the best 2nd dominant profile. I am looking at 6JS6C,6lf6,6kd6 or 6lr6 the most powerful or top of the list currently. Will these tubes perform like the el509? good russian tubes can still be had and I am sure I could much more easily build a good amp from a schematic. But these beautiful nos western built tv tubes with some experimenting possibly with dual drive could I build something better? I also have some softone 9k with cathode feedback windings but they dont like more than 60ma so a recommendation for a smaller tube for those trans too would be helpful. Thanks
Old Yesterday, 12:10 PM   #1104
Kay Pirinha is offline Kay Pirinha  Germany
diyAudio Member

Default 6LF6?

Isn't this the Futterman tube? I gues they're scarce, hard to find and rahter expensive !

Best regards!
Old Yesterday, 12:50 PM   #1105
fatbattery is offline fatbattery  Australia
diyAudio Member

Location: In an old house on a hill needing repair looking over an old cemertry.
Its at the top of the list for screen drive there getting expensive like all the best sweeps are. I am thinking if a don't get a dozen soon they are going to go like el509,pl519 even the russian tubes are 20us and more per tube. When the ear859 came I wanted to buy one but couldn't afford it. I would like to build a ear849 tribute style amp even the same layout would be cool. Trans up front on each side.

Those Magnificent Television TubesHide this!Advertise here!