• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Superior Instruments tv11 restore question?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,

I have recently started rebuilding a Superior Instruments tv-11 tube tester. I replaced the .5uf 200v with a polypropelene value that measured .49uf. I also replaced the .01uf with an exact value. I replaced the 330ohm white wirewound which was disentegrating. The 15k consisted of two resistorwhich had drifted to about 16k. My questions is twofold: for the line adjust pot, it was jumpy and caused the needle to drop to zero. Is there a way to disassemble it and clean it with deoxit? The second involves some of the other wirewound resistors. One is red with a black spot. It measures 2206ohms. Nothing close on the schematic. Can I post a picture and have someone identify if someone replaced values and how do you read the colors of these old wirewound resistors?

Thanks, Mike

I have cleaned the line pot. Take pictures set aside some time. Mine was frozen.
1) removed it from the tester
2) remove the sweep arm
3) with an assistant remove the key at the bottom. The is where I learned the barrel was within a barrel.
4) my best bet was to use PB blaster to loosen the barrel within the barrel. Once I was able to move is up or down just a mm. PB blaster did its magic.
5) all parts cleaned and old grease removed.
6) when reassembly remember the key is 180 degree opposite the sweep contact.
I have pictures if that will help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.