• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Has anyone here bought from ussr-tubes.com ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I read the 6P3SE is a great sounding EL34 replacement. Some people are comparing them to a winged "C". I found a source that has them listed at $7.00/tube. has anyone here purchased from ussr-tubes.com ? I figured
I can get a full quad for the price of one winged "C".

6P3SE (6П3С-Е) is closer to 6L6 than to EL34. It was designed to replace 6P3S (6П3С, exact clone of 6L6) in communications equipment, where long life with relaxed specs was in demand. Russian tube most close to EL34 is called 6П27С. It is a ray tetrode though, while EL34 is pentode.

Last edited:
Can a Jolida 202a use a 6L6, EL34, or KT77 tubes ?
I'm a tube newbie. I thought if the amp can use a 6L6, then the possibility of biasing up a 63PSE in it's place was good.

The 6P3S-E's should bias up fine in your amp. I use them in my Jolida 302b, triode strapped at around 40ma idle.

I bought my matched quad from Jim McShane. He tests them properly, unlike some other sellers.

jeff

I did a toner transfer PCB for Kegger based on the 6L6 tube family coined the KEG-EAR Amp. The econo version had the 6P3S at 360V 45ma and they sounded great in triode mode connected to 40 watt 6.6k Hammond iron. The tubes had a faint blue ion glow... They also did well at 400V but I did not run them long at this B+. They did remarkably well for output power listening level into 4ohm orion speakers~89db/w/m and min 3ohm.
I upp-ed the B+ to 525 and put in a set of svet-6550=c= biased at 50ma in triode mode and this was my favorite of the experiment, prefered over EL34 and KT88's.

More than five months ago I ordered 10 pieces of 6C33C-B from www.ussr-tubes.com .
I prepaid the order.

But the only tubes I have received since then is a package with 4 pieces of 6C33C-B.

Despite the fact that this tubes retailer uses traceable airmail, I have never received any tracking code or other documentation/proof that he has sent something to me.

When I asked for the tracking code of the missing second package with the remaining 6 tubes I got no reply to my email.
Since then he has not answered any of my emails.

This is of course by no means satisfactory.

Hans

It seems that the russian seller GSTUBES mentioned above do not use PayPal.
Instead he uses a similar service called www.moneybookers.com also known as Skrill.
I do not know anything about it. Because it is seldom used in my part of the world.

Has anybody had any experience with Skrill?

But if GSTUBES is very reliable it should not be neccesary with such precautions in this case.
Then you can just pay with bank transfer.

I send them a mail asking about the posibility of paying with paypal, and they answered very quickly saying it was ok but with an added 7% tax
But not everything that glitters is gold, the shipping costs triplicates from the same calculated from rutubes.com or ebay tube sellers, even if send to USA PD: (Im from Mexico)

It seems that the russian seller GSTUBES mentioned above do not use PayPal.
Instead he uses a similar service called www.moneybookers.com also known as Skrill.
I do not know anything about it. Because it is seldom used in my part of the world.

Has anybody had any experience with Skrill?

But if GSTUBES is very reliable it should not be neccesary with such precautions in this case.
Then you can just pay with bank transfer.
Already various month GSTUBE is accepting PAYPAL.
MoneyBookers are OK, but the register procedure are very slow as there is a initial debt to confirm, the tax is 4%.
Paypal tax varies according the country of the buyer.
The GSTUBE ship value is the cheapest on all URSS area by what I aware.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.