• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Class A tube amplifier Kit

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The ST35 is your best bet. I tri-amped a system and put 50watt/channel on the top and it worked great becaused the amp was primarily in class A. You would find the same with the ST35-also easy to hot rod with better caps, etc. Try Solen Teflon and foil for coupling. Regards

Disabled Account
Joined 2007
That kit is no longer available any more anyway ;)

My aversion to the Dynaco is a personal one, I don't like UL :D

But it is not about me, and is what ever the OP likes, so It's good that he has been given the option of the Dynaco amp, be nice if he had a few different options to look at, is all.

Last edited:
Check out TMAMPS for some ideas. One that stands out would be the JELabs EL34 SE amp. You will have to do it P2P but there are many examples at this site for layout and components. Uses common driver tubes too 6SL7 and a pretty simple build. JELABS EL34 Schematic

Edcor iron and Hammond chokes.

I also have a Tubelab SimpleSE which is an awesome amp and would highly recommend it if you wanted to go PCB route.

Check out TMAMPS for some ideas. One that stands out would be the JELabs EL34 SE amp. You will have to do it P2P but there are many examples at this site for layout and components. Uses common driver tubes too 6SL7 and a pretty simple build. JELABS EL34 Schematic

Edcor iron and Hammond chokes.

I also have a Tubelab SimpleSE which is an awesome amp and would highly recommend it if you wanted to go PCB route.

A friend wanted a budget SE amp, and we had some old iron, so we threw together the JELabs 6SL7/EL34 design off of the Angela Electronics site. It may have been our build, but it wasn't very impressive, and the square waves were anything but. We have since procured all the parts required to rebuild it into a P-2-P Tubelab Simple Single Ended.

Yes, I still go back to my SimepeSE, as a matter of fact I am listening to it right now...It is a really sweet amp!

Running Edcor CXSE's (the monster ones)
EHKT90's @ 89mA each
465V B+
Mullard 12at7 variant
Jantzen silver Z coupling caps

I must say that this is a most tweakable amp and I learned a heck of a lot building and tweaking it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.