• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Vacuum Tube OTL power amp!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Nice , 10 watts is quite good , you are runing the 6C33c in the half of its maximum power , something similar with me, I am runing the PL36 at 5.5 W ( each one ) when max power dissip. is 13W . I suggest to use the 6SN7 as PI / driver and parallel the two sections , this will give you a good driver for your amp .

Disabled Account
Joined 2010
Just for fun.

Just trying the HV Mosfet...20A device... :D

Regards
M. Gregg

Attachments

• Mozener.jpg
    Mozener.jpg
    183.2 KB · Views: 309
Disabled Account
Joined 2010
I have an idea,

I intend to leave the top plate alone,
I have a dividing plate that the tube bases are mounted on, (I'm going to leave this alone as well) and mount another false plate under the dividing plate. This I intend to use as the heat sink for the Mozener. The dividing plate has large holes for air flow so the hope is the air will travel across the new plate and through the holes...

Regards
M. Gregg

Attachments

• DSCN3615.JPG
    DSCN3615.JPG
    164.4 KB · Views: 409
Disabled Account
Joined 2010
Your layout is probably better than mine with several heat barriers.

I thought of putting the Moz on the side of the case.

I find that a double skin works well even with just a 3-5mm between as long as there is air flow across / between the surfaces.

I also found that there is little point in trying to cool an area of metal sometimes its better to isolate it from the chassis and let it do its thing..The reason is anything attached to it to try to cool it will just come up to the same temp...and cause even more problems.. The wooden sides prevent heat transfer between levels..also stops ringing..as long as the heat is managable on each plate..
another thing that works ok is to put a row of holes between two areas of the metal the heat transfer is slower and a heat reduction can be had across each side of the holes...down side is loss of strength caused by the holes..

Regards
M. Gregg

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.