• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

PAS Upgrade Boards by Epperson

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
With no schematic or circuit description included in the description I would have a hard time justifying any purchase. How do you define "good value" when you don't know what you are buying?

Thanks for the reply.

The operative words are "They look like". That does not guarantee that something is a good value or not, it just asserts that it seems that it would be a good value. And that is why the post was made. :)

I am considering just rolling my own and adding baffle step response to the mix.

Just guessing, since the descriptions are pretty sparse- it looks like they didn't really deal with the basic issues that the PAS preamps had, just cleaned up a few things around the edges. But no way to know for sure without schematics or at least circuit descriptions and a complete set of specs and measurements.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.