• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Audio Note M-Zero remote control problem

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, i wonder if there is anyone out there with the above pre amp. I have just bought one (ebay....wouldn't you know) and whilst it arrived looking perfectly as described and works, the remote (which looks like it controls the cd player as well doesn't work).

Without the remote you can't change the inputs, so it is kind of fundamental!

I'm awaiting reply from seller, so it still may get resolved this way. In the meantime I was wondering how I could determine if it is the amp itself or the remote?

I've tried numerous remotes I have to hand but know joy. How do you find out which code /frequency etc it uses?

Any ideas welcome?

Nick

Hi, i wonder if there is anyone out there with the above pre amp. I have just bought one (ebay....wouldn't you know) and whilst it arrived looking perfectly as described and works, the remote (which looks like it controls the cd player as well doesn't work).

Without the remote you can't change the inputs, so it is kind of fundamental!

I'm awaiting reply from seller, so it still may get resolved this way. In the meantime I was wondering how I could determine if it is the amp itself or the remote?

I've tried numerous remotes I have to hand but know joy. How do you find out which code /frequency etc it uses?

Any ideas welcome?

Nick
Hi ! If the remote is IR ,then you can use your video camera to see if it works,just put the remote in front of the camera (IN REC MODE),and press any button in the remote,and you are able to see the IR led blinking. You cannot see IR ,but the camera can! If it doesnt blink,open the RC and replace the 455Khz cristal ,it is the most common problems in RCs.
Silvino

Thanks, guys

I may go straight to audio note thanks for the contact name, amp sounds pretty good so would like to keep it.

@el156.......:D. Wow! Brilliant stuff with video camera.....so now I know remote is ok, it is the amp. Wonder how hard expensive that will be to fix?

Cheers

Thanks, guys

I may go straight to audio note thanks for the contact name, amp sounds pretty good so would like to keep it.

@el156.......:D. Wow! Brilliant stuff with video camera.....so now I know remote is ok, it is the amp. Wonder how hard expensive that will be to fix?

Cheers
Anyway i would suggest you to replace the 455Khz oscilator inside the RC(if it exists),because even if the IR blinks, the oscilator might be oscilating at a very diferent frequency,and so the codes sended can be wrong!
Silvino

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.