• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

HK Citation II Output Transformer Data ???

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi!

Anyone have measured and taken data of output transformer used by Harman-Kardon Citation II amplifier?

1) What is primary impedance - 3.3K, 3.6K, 5K, or whatever else?
2) What is UL tap ratio - 33% or 40%?
3) What is approx leakage inductance? Something around 20mH I suppose.

If someone actually mods by Stew Hegeman (with DC restorer circuit) please share your feedback, too.

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestion(s) !

3.8k on early versions and 3.2k on later models. I think the latter are preferred. Not sure of the answer to two and three. I believe that there is a method to determine which version you have from the underside of the transformer. Cloth encased sleeve for wire = old. Rubber sleeve = newer, rubber grommets to protect the wire = newest.

Last edited:
Thanks a lot for everyone who replied ! :)

I believe that there is a method to determine which version you have from the underside of the transformer. Cloth encased sleeve for wire = old. Rubber sleeve = newer, rubber grommets to protect the wire = newest.

I can't make any measurement of Citation II transformers since I don't have any, otherwise it would be matter of an hour may be. My friend is a big fan of Citation II and asked me if I could assemble one for him with the visual look & design he likes (e.g. chassis of champaign color, aluminum-glass tube cage without any plastic, etc.). From the point of view of electronic engineering it is not a problem, but I'm not fond in mechanical metal and glass treatment, especially to be done in-house.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.