• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Which tube does my amp use? 845 or 211

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I live in Austin, TX

you might be able to get some pizza outa this.

Sy?

I don't have a variable transformer. I do have five 120V to 100V stepdown transformers. I could plug several or all five of these in series to get the input voltage down. Then remove each one as I want to raise the input voltage. What do you think of this method?

i'd have to be present, to make any sort of call about this.

If I plug in all 5 120V to 100V transformers one after another, I will bring the voltage down to about 50V going in the amp.

Are you recommending using a variable transformer so that I can work with a lower voltage at first? Any lower input voltage will not give me an accurate reading.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Yes, I will definitely let you guys know the result.

I might have to treat him something better than pizza.

In case you guys are wondering, I will be using this amp for the TAD TL-1601a woofer in my TAD 4-way active system.

Actually I was referring to SY making you pizza, it's quite legendary, and I hope to get to Austin someday to hear his system and try some of that pizza.. Yeah, you'll owe him big time.. LOL :D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.