• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Bottlehead

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Has anyone listened to the Se Paramour amps from Electronic Tonalities. I am saving up for a pair to build. I have a pair of transmission lines at 92db 1w/1m. Just looking for some opinions. This will be my first foray into tubes and I want to do it right. All my SS is class A and I'd rather stay with that. Thanks:D

Paramour by Bottlehead

I listen to my Paramours every day.
In my opinion, you haven't heard your cd/lp collection until you hear it through single ended class a triode equipment. I ditched a pair of Magnepan mg1.6's, Threshold S300II amp, and bought 104db/1w/1m Klipsch Lascalas, and already assembled Paramours with all the upgrades but the transformers. I use Nelson Pass's Bride of Zen preamp, which I built myself several years ago.
I am in audio Nirvana.
The Paramours sound magical, but there 3.5 watts might not be enough for 92 db. efficiency, unless you have a small room, and / or listen to jazz or light rock / light Classical.
mg16

I have a pair of Shahinian Obelisks that are 92db and SE 6BQ5s drive them just fine unless you want to flap the carpet. I can clip the amps easily but have found that it is too loud for prolonged listening at the clipping level even with full orchestra. Wagner or Steely Dan.....it all sounds good.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.