• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

DIY Dual Channel Active Tube Tone Control

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
This weekend I knocked up an active dual channel tube tone control based on two lovely 1960's Mullard ECC83's (12AX7s) from a collection over over 400 tubes in the attic and it sounds really sweet. This evening I finally got round to testing its response on the scope with a squarewave and to my amazement it's dead flat and faithfully reproduces the waveform from a few Hz to beyond 175KHz!!! It overdrives really nicely too (If you are in to that kind of thing :) ).

The bottom end gain is a tad weak but the HF end is absolutely superb and very quiet with it.

Its proving really great for warming synth pads which is what I wanted it for in the studio ie. for colouration rather than audiophile purposes.

The yellow and black 4mm jacks are the 150V DC B+ input.

DIY Dual Channel Tube Tone Control:
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.