• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

A2293 pins connection, help !!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have used the A2293 on a few occasions . The Avo valve data book available online at Frank's site has the pinout : pin 2 cathode , pin 4,5 heater , pin 6 grid , pin 9 anode . The anode looks too small for 15 watts dissipation , keep the grid leak 220k or less .

cheers

316A

I have the GEC spec sheet for the A2293 and it does give 15W as the absolute maximum anode dissipation, Maximum anode voltage is 600V, heater to cathode voltage max, is 250V , maximum cathode current is 120mA, maximum usable resistor from grid to cathode is 100K for fixed bias and 270K for cathode bias. The sheet gives characteristics of 12 mA/V transconductance, mu of 4.5 and output impedance of 375 ohms with Va at 150V, Ia at 100mA and -Vg of 23V. I use mine as the series pass valve in a regulated supply for my phono preamp. More economical to use than a 6080 if you don't need oodles of milliamps.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.