• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Plate dissipation specs for 21KQ6

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Almost 2 years old thread but I would like to know if someone actually managed to build a 21KQ6 / 29KQ6 amp.?

I have 10 x NOS Raytheon brand (Actually Japanese) 21KQ6 and the filament xfmr that fits them exactly able to run 4 in a Stereo PP.

Any pointers to a suitable Ra-Ra impedance?
Would FET G2 drive be sensible? I think so, but your opinion is welcome.

The attached datasheet you didn't see before. I got it kindly from Richardson Electronics Richardson - HOME
Not that reveals a lot more than the RCA-data.

rgds,

/tri-comp

Attachments

• 21KQ6_.jpg
    21KQ6_.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 212
  • 21KQ6_Ray_.jpg
    21KQ6_Ray_.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 212
  • 21KQ6_Panasonic.pdf
    126 KB · Views: 132
To my knowledge the 29KQ6=PL521 is essentially the same as PL500 w/ different heater.

I use PL500 / 504 @ Raa=1k6 ohm triode or Raa=3k5 pentode connected.

Thanks,

I think you're right; they're close. After all they had to do much the same work so they can't be too different.
EL500 was used by several to do AF PP-amp's and I have some data on them running AF.
What wattage are you pulling from the PL's and in what class are you running them?
Regular LTP or Split-Load drive?
I would like to try them out with G2/FET-drive. Some project for the future :)

rgds,

/tri-comp

HI

29KQ6 has an advantage because you can wire four heaters in series and connect it to 120 volts.
I got 10 of them and 8 (so called) 9 pin compactron sockets but have not had the time to do anything with them. 5 of them are the big thin glass "Made in USA" and 5 are the skinny thick glass "Made in Japan". The USA ones look like they would be better for an audio amp and the others I think would be good for a VHF RF amp.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.