• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Tube-I-zator SRPP DAC I/V-Stage circuit discussions

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2008
Paid Member
Tub-I-Zator in Sony CDP-710

I'd like to use one of these boards in a Sony CDP-710, but I'm having trouble figuring out how to implement it. I'd have to use the V-out version because the separation of the audio signal into right and left channels appears to occur after the DAC in analog by means of a MC74HC4053N chip (see attachment). Therein lies the problem - the MC74HC4053N signals are combined with the signal from the DAC (L+R presumably, since there's only one) after the op-amp, which I think is set up to invert the signals from the multiplexer. It looks to me like L-R and R-L signals are generated in the multiplexer, and the DAC mono signal is subtracted from them to get R & L. Can the SRPP circuit be used in this hodge-podge? If so how would it be connected and which tube would work? I'm rather new at this stuff and so far I just know enough to be dangerous.:rolleyes: Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• cdp710output.png
    cdp710output.png
    95.2 KB · Views: 538
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.