• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Where To Purchase Tube Amp Parts in the UK

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I get most of my basic parts from either Maplin (resistors and connectors) or Farnell (semiconductors , decoupling caps etc.), but I tend not to buy valves or film caps in the UK since they are generally rather cheaper on the continent. I have had good service from BTB in Germany and Vintage HiFi in Italy.

However, if you are looking for a specific exotic part it is worth trying Michael's Electronics Emporium - I have had good service from him, and his prices are fair.

Alex

I would second, Sowter and Michaels Emporium (via Ebay),both excellent! but had no luck with the IOW company - no reply to many email enquirys! Unlucky?

David.

I would agree that not responding to e-mail enquiries would be seriously offputting for most customers. I haven't bought anything from VVT for about a year and a half, though.

Alex

Found this on the VVT website:-

* Factory Email Problems
o Due to a computer failure we are routing emails to the factory manually.
o This may result in delay in response to enquiries or orders.
o No other aspects of the business are affected.
o The computer has been replaced and is being set up.
* Site Last Updated 14 Nov 2009.

Might explain a few things.
Les

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.