• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Tube SE amplifier with 6P3S (russian tube)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi gaborbela,
I can only provide you with a hand drawing.

The circuit is very similar to danzups, but I run the 6P3S in ultralinear mode and without global feedback. The sound is very nice!

I do not squeeze maximum power out of the 6P3S, output power is ~5W

Do you want to use the 8FQ7 tubes as driver or the 6CG7 / 6FQ7 (same tube but 6,3V heater)?
I use a DC current source (0,45A) to heat the 8FQ7 (Uf 8.4 Volt / If: 0.45 Ampere )
This tube is cheaper because of the odd filament voltage. DC-heating is only a option, you can apply AC as well.

Regards
Peter

Thank you

I'm totally new with tubes , I'm familiar with solid state amps. I built over 20 different Pass etc amps ..
These tube amp would be my last project .At least I thought.
I had several old 50' to 60' tube amps but I didn't like them, that is why I would like to build something.
Thank you again

Greetings gabor

6P3S circuit

Hi!
For Soviet 6P3C there is the special circuit design recommended by the producer in that old time. This circuit design sounds as remarkably, as the recommended 91 circuit design for 300B.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

6H2P not so well combines with 6P3C. Unfortunately.

VU
Hello everybody,
I know a long time has passed from this post, but I wanted to see the schematic (the producer one) and it is no more possible. Can you help me?
Thanks

updated circuit 6P3S SE Amp

Attached find the updated circiut diagramm

Input sensivity is 0,6V RMS for 5W

OPT are transcendar TT-212 - OT 5k/8R

cheers
Peter

Attachments

• 6P3S-SE_May_2013.jpg
    6P3S-SE_May_2013.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 1,371
Interesting project, looks good, tidy build.

How do you find the 6P3S with respect to power handling? Do they red plate easily?

I'm not sure I agree with your operating points at the input stage, but "different strokes for different folks"

I have 6N2P and 6P3S (I avoid the '-e' version), but I don't think I'll use the 6N2P very long.

I have 6N3P, 4P and 5P to try out instead.

Though I may stick with an input valve I know and can trust, 6S3B, 6S6BV or 6N16B

The 6P6S is also a fantastic tube!!!

Last edited:
Hi ,
Since I have build this amplifier back in 2008 this is the day by day audition amplifier in use.
Never encounter red plating as the schematic is with automatic bias .
All my friends that come to my house are impressed by the sound whatever type of music we listen.
The speakers are Triangle Antal EX.
And over the years have listen to a lot of tube but for me the russian tube 6n2p 6n1p , 6e5p , 6n8s 6n9s are the best for low level and 6p3s ,6n13s and 6c33c for final tube also the best.
Over the year have listen to all tube that I have including American , Japan, European and Chinese still the best sound for me are the Russian tube from 60...70 .
The tubes that are some how closer to those are the old 26 , 27 and 47 tube.
Never listen 6P6s (will look for it).
(Again like my signature say : there are no better tube than 6n2p + 6p3s for my ear! but if will find other will change this... And is my personal thinking after a lot of amplifier build .)

danzup Tube amplifier

Last edited:
artosalo,

R4, schematic Post # 48 is Negative Feedback.

Example:
6P3S Plate goes up (conducts less).
EC86 Cathode goes up (conducts less).
EC86 Plate goes up (conducts less).
6P3S grid goes up (turns tube on more)
6P3S plate goes down (conducts more)
That is Negative Feedback.

"What goes up, must come down"

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.