• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

**LOL** Chinese surround sound amp identification

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Damnit.. I keep trying to get around to building my HT Tube amp.

First it was going to be 12SL7/12V6.. Then 12AT7/6BQ5 .. Now I'm thinking 6LU8s (all of these in push pull).

Then you see a chinese amp that costs probably 2/3rds of what your own design is going to cost, and will probably look better.

Ugh.

Oh well, cool link!

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Not nearly as crazy as some US made SE 5.1 surround amplifiers using 300B I have seen..

Someday when I get around to it I will might design and build something not too different. (Not very soon I'll admit)

The one caveat is that the .1 channel in this amplifier at approximately 13W is not powerful enough by far for LFE unless it is driving an Edgarhorn subwoofer.. :D

lolol I love this part:
"...Don't turn the sound too loud because if your neigborhoods heard it they 'll come and ask you where did u get this high quality amp for sure.. ".

Kevinkr is getting close- keep looking fellas... (things like the .1 channel @ 13 watts...)

And gee, all this $5000 perfection and long lasting quality for $411 usd...

:smash: :D :smash: :cool: :cool:

One wonders if it could be turned into a good amplifier by replacing the 6P1s with the 6AQ5 tube the auction lists as being an equivalent, until one discovers like I just did that the 6P1 is a 9 pin tube! So unless you want to replace all the sockets and rewire the amp (if they're not mounted on PCBs) you're stuck with Soviet/Chinese made 6P1s for ever and ever! :bawling:

Found this on wikipedia : 6P1P-EV (Russian: 6Ï1Ï-ÅÂ

The tube might be good... at pacific valves they say its a good tube.

Personally I changed some chinese tubes for russian tubes and there is no difference, maybe the russian tube was 0.1 % more quiet.

When I see this tube amp on ebay of course you get what you paid for : a 450 $ 5 channel amp with tubes. It will sound like a 450 $ 5 channel tube amp :)

Still nice on the shipping , price is not doubled like many other sellers.

supposely this company advertise four times the real power of the amp, some relyon (lol the name) headphone integrated amp was supposed to be 12 watts , it was really 2.8 wat, search it on google , the only thing you get is : repair of the relyon LOL, won on eb for 9$, shipping 100 $ lol

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.