• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

807 SE project started....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
This amp is going to be all parts from my closet type & what I have on hand. I am 1st to try the 27/6sn7-IT-807 combo shown in signal chassis, PS chassis is to be built now & will be very, very big & most likely on wheels..*s*. I would like it to be switchable between Pentode with regulated screens & UL. The OT's are Hashimoto H-20-7U 5K/7K & O'Netics IT's. I would like to direct couple the 27 to the 6sn7, then IT couple to 807's. Can anyone help me with Ideas on regulation of screen s& any genral info on 807's. I have read that they actually will take 450v in UL, I have never done screen regulation before & would like to see schematic or info on doing this, actually any ideas for the project are very welcome. Here is a pi of what I put togher so far. The direct coupling of 27 to 6sn7 is something I would like help with also for tips on how to do this properly, Thanks
Joe

Attachments

• 807 amp (2).jpg
    807 amp (2).jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 477
Sounds interesting, though I am curious why the 27 into the 6SN7 into the 807 through an IT? I am sure it would sound glorious but the 807 is a fairly easy tube to drive. I would bet that ½ of the 6SN7 loaded with a CCS would drive the 807. Then use the 27's in a nice line amp to drive the whole thing, parafeed maybe.

Just a though, but either way I will watch this develop, I have an almost unnatural love for the 807!

Cheers

James

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.