• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

can this thing improve the sound??

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
can this thing improve the sound??
many ppl said it can reduce vibration and microphonics.
can it?
thanks

takashi

Attachments

• i-1.jpg
    i-1.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 397
Please consider the Pearl coolers and give them a try.
Aside of being what the name says they are they do a wonderful job in eliminating microphony.In fact,the Pearl coolers are the most effective anti-microphonic gadgets I ever tried!
I see some kind of EL 84 in your picture...,well,the other major benefit of Pearl's is,you guessed,COOLING!;)
You'll actually be amazed how a tube sounds when you reduce the temperature of the glass envelope by some degree,especially in the most heated section,this is the half-of-the-anode zone.
And,I have to mention that if you like the effects and you're skilled enough,you could make your own Pearls...:idea:

diyAudio Senior Member
Joined 2002
THE LONG AND SHORT OF IT.

Hi,

Price check: a package of 50 silicone o-rings of the right size runs about $10 from McMaster-Carr. Let's see, if I call them "Ponn-Fahr Tube Damping Rings" and create a nice line of BS, I should be able to get $5 apiece.

Isn't that your average business calc.?

The short answer, yes this can help.

The longer one: if you want to kill two birds with one stone use Pearl Tube Coolers.

The longest short answer: roll your own or avoid microphonic tubes/circuits in the first place and avoid excessive dissipation.

Your pick,;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.