• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Transcendar RIP?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I can't remember the exact details but over on the Klipsch forums Justin Weber takes all the credit for these amps when in fact Shannon Parks designs the circuits and somebody else (Pete Millet?) does the PCB's for him. That forum is full of retards anyway and I stay as far away as I can from that cesspool. With that said I do like the looks of the amps but I have never heard one.

+1.

Update: I heard back from Gery, and he indicated it may be a year or so from now before he gets back into transformer production again. Based on this, I would dismiss any rumors that he may be manufacturing exclusively for a business elsewhere. Without further speculation, I'd simply guess he's taking some time off and 'may' return to it in another year or so. Until then, I guess other sources will be the name of the game. WC

That sucks. Now I regret selling my amp with Transcendar OTs installed.

Gery never quit winding transformers. He basically just got 'out' of the DIY individual customer business as he was just swamped with his commercial business. In speaking with him recently, he indicated that he'd do his best to take care of his good customers from past ordering, but simply wasn't able to take on 'new' business at this time. Sort of a 'good news / bad news' scenario. Fortunately, he's still around, and perhaps some time in the not-too-distant future he'll go back to taking 'hobby' type orders from new customers.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.