• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

pt

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am considering this 12ax7 preamp. what kind of the PT should I use? many thanks for help.

Attachments

• capture.jpg
    capture.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 285
Re: sounds more than sufficient...

aardvarkash10 said:
that should give you plenty of voltage and certainly current capability for an a_7 preamp in any configuration! Bolt the sucker in there!

Tom Bavis said:
You're running 0.5 mA in the first stage, 1.5 mA in the second. Another 2 mA for a second channel... plus 6.3V at 0.6A or 12.6 @ 0.3A.

Many thanks for reply..
so. .., Can I also use this PT for M7 if late update? I am a beginner about it, please kindly give me a suggestion. thanks

Attachments

• m7(12ax7x3) 前级修改版.jpg
    m7(12ax7x3) 前级修改版.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 199
leadbelly said:
Time out here, we can't spec a PT until you tell us the rest of your PS design. Are you planning to use a full wave tube rectifier, or a bridge? What filtering? To get a good low ripple 300VDC out of a 125-0-125 transformer, you will need to use a bridge.
Thanks Brother, yes. I am planning to use a bridge because of there is not a Filament winding at 5V(CT).. ..

so. if I use full wave tube rectifier, what kind of the spec. PT should I have.....
Thanks.

longji98 said:

Thanks Brother, yes. I am planning to use a bridge because of there is not a Filament winding at 5V(CT).. ..

so. if I use full wave tube rectifier, what kind of the spec. PT should I have.....
Thanks.

Look, I'll ask my question again, what in detail are you planning to build for a PS? How can we tell what transformer to buy if you won't say what rectifier and what filtering you are going to use? An small tube rectifier and a CRC filter will burn a lot of volts. A big tube rectifier and a CLC filter won't.

leadbelly said:

Look, I'll ask my question again, what in detail are you planning to build for a PS? How can we tell what transformer to buy if you won't say what rectifier and what filtering you are going to use? An small tube rectifier and a CRC filter will burn a lot of volts. A big tube rectifier and a CLC filter won't.
Thanks Brother
Bridge: IN4007x4(I have some) . prefer CLC.
Tube rectifier: full wave 5u4g. CLC.

Tom Bavis said:
You're running 0.5 mA in the first stage, 1.5 mA in the second. Another 2 mA for a second channel... plus 6.3V at 0.6A or 12.6 @ 0.3A.

This preamp is not burning too much ma. .. I think the PT just with 40ma current capability is enough for it, right, ,,,,
I dont k know how to calculate the ma in the second stage... how do you get the 1.5ma? thanks for help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.