Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Building a Aikido preamplifier
Building a Aikido preamplifier
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 31st March 2020, 06:29 PM   #621
craigtone is offline craigtone  United States
diyAudio Member

FYI - I just listed a PS-1 and Octal Mono PCB's in the Swap Meet forum ...
Old 31st March 2020, 10:45 PM   #622
zacster is offline zacster  United States
diyAudio Member

I built the Aikido years ago and still use it. My board was maybe the second version, stereo 9 pin, and Broskie had suggested, but hadn't actually tried, to build it using a single 24v power supply by using 6GM8 tubes and then wiring the 4 filaments in series off the same 24v. I tried this and it worked, and still works to this day. The 24v supply I bought from InternationalPower.com. I stuffed the board, attached the supply, put in the tubes, and got music the first time I powered it up. I added a remote controlled attenuator/selector, and still use it with a wood box for the open frame PS and a sheet of steel bent in a U shape from HD for the electronics. Ugly as hell but it works well and I never have to get up from the couch.
Old 3rd April 2020, 03:24 PM   #623
Svenson84 is offline Svenson84  Germany
diyAudio Member

Hi, my previous post is solved now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Svenson84 View Post
Now the first part i am struggling with: i only have one heater per tube, but two triodes. In the Aikido there are connected in series, so as i understand lower triode sees 0-150V B+ and the upper triode 150-300V. Isn't there a violation of heater to cathode voltage for the upper triode?
Cathode of lower triode is at 0V, cathode of upper triode is on 150V. If heater is biased to 75V it has a delta of 75V to each cathode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svenson84 View Post
Second part: In the Aikido manual are also some recommended values for the components (page 14). Against the recommendation described before (page 5), here the recommended values for the heater-to-cathode voltage divider is 300k/300k...
Seems to be a mistake in the manual.

Sven

Building a Aikido preamplifierHide this!Advertise here!