• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

good book for learning the basics of tubes and tube amps

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi folks, I would like to know if theres a good book ( currently available at book stores) that teaches the basics of tubes and tube amps.

I´ve already downloaded a couple of pfds but I just can´t read a book from the computer screen :whazzat: .

Thak you for your time

Francisco

For getting the basics and getting them right, there's Morgan Jones's books ("Valve Amplifiers" and "Building Valve Amplifiers") and there's everything else. Superb, in-depth treatment of audio-specific matters.

Once you've read and digested the information there, you're ready to move on to classic texts like Terman or Radiotron Designer's Handbook.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
SY said:
For getting the basics and getting them right, there's Morgan Jones's books ("Valve Amplifiers" and "Building Valve Amplifiers") and there's everything else. Superb, in-depth treatment of audio-specific matters.

Once you've read and digested the information there, you're ready to move on to classic texts like Terman or Radiotron Designer's Handbook.

Dead on the money, I've yet to see anything significantly better. I picked up both at a local Barnes and Noble a couple of years ago.

I think some of the Audio Engineering reprints from AudioXpress make for entertaining reading as well once you have digested the above.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.