• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

3.1 integrated possible?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Not a 3.1 amp but a 2+2 ch tube power amp. Two HF channels with small output transformers and triode wired output tubes and
two bass channels with bigger iron and UL-connected outputs.
That amp served to drive a biamped speaker setup for a year or two before I rearranged the whole setup.

The .1 sub is not a requirement for me. I should have excluded that one. Just 3 channels.

Haven't seen any kits for 3 channels. One option I guess could be to buy an assembled preamp ready for 3 or 5 channels and then use 3 tube monoblocks for the power stage to drive the front and center speakers?
But I'm exceeding my budget with this set.:cannotbe:

An amp with 3 channels and 3 individual volume controls is not especially difficult. You may run afoul of "Catch 22", if your signal source can't produce, on its own, Left, Right, and Center "line" level signals.

Assuming the 3 I/P channels are available, how much power per channel are you going to need? Are you targeting the same amout of power in the center, "dialog", channel as you are targeting for the L/R channels.

BTW, think in terms of speakers that are reasonably efficient and that also exhibit a tube friendly "flat" impedance curve.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.