• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Schematics of potential interest

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Organizing my references recently, I came across two articles/schematics that might be interesting to someone here. The first is an article in the March 1957 issue of Radio & Television News on a three-channel tube amp intended for triamping. It has PP 6V6 stages for bass and midrange, and a 6AK6 SE tweeter amp intended for both conventional and electrostatic units. What's most interesting is how the author integrated fully adjustable crossover networks and power supplies for all three amps on the same chassis.

The second schematic is purportedly for the prototype of the MFA Luminescence preamp, which uses a 6DN7-based SRPP output stage. IF this isn't old news, I'll redraw the lineamp schematic for posting, as I think the Audio Amateur/Glass Audio article is still protected by copyright.

Anyway, I can scan both of them into PDFs but will need instructions about how to post them here, or a pointer to same on this site. Thanks.

Here's one I reversed engineered many moons ago. I had to reduce it's size to be accepted by the site. Email me for a better copy if you want it.

Victor

Attachments

• mfa.jpg
    mfa.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 424
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.