• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

GTA 300B SE Mk.II Power Transformer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Folks,

I have a 300BSE Mk.II (6SN7, EL34, 300B) that instantly trips the breaker when it is turned on.

With the power switch on, I measure 1.6 ohms across the hot and neutral AC pins. There are no shorts between hot/neutral and the ground pin, and the internal fuse F1 on the PCB is not blown.

I am afraid that my power transformer primary may be shorted. Can someone ohm out their unit and confirm my measurements?

TIA,

-- josé k.
jose_korneluk AT bellsouth.net

The primary are four black leads (connected in parallel for 120VAC) that do not have a center tap. There is another winding that comes out the same side as the primary which has a center tap for the 5V rectifier tube filament. The ten thicker leads on the other side are all secondaries.

BTW, if you do not plan on using that tranny, I'll gladly buy it off you. Please PM offline.

Thanks and best regards,

-- josé k.
jose_korneluk AT bellsouth.net

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.