• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Help needed with Lectron JH 50 Amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,

I have a Lectron JH 50 amp which I love but recently has stopped working. Opening up I noticed that the power supply board under the power transformer has burnt out (see the attached picture). There is an ic chip with the number erased. I believe that this power supply board eventually fails. I have tried to contact the Swiss manufacturers of the Lectron JH 60 amps and Nick Doshi who I believe modifies these amps but have had no reply to my queries.

I believe that other members have had similar problems. Does anyone have a schematic for this amp? Or if anyone has a working replacement for the damaged board in question I would be glad to follow your design with kind permission. Any suggestions are welcome.

Many thanks.

Attachments

• lectron psu board.jpg
    lectron psu board.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 496
HollowState, yes you are probably right about it being a 555. It is a timer for the relay.

Jose, thank you for the info. Unfortunately the eBay seller does not have a schematic. I wonder if anyone has a copy of the old French magazine L'Audiophile. Apparently there was a schematic in issue #41 or 42 (I forget which). If someone has a copy I will be glad to purchase this.

An alternative is to redesign the whole power supply.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.