• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

811A amp Class A2

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
My new project, 6AK5, VT-25, 811A Single Ended Class A2 amp

Advanced project, chassis perforated, tomorrow painting

Attachments

• 0025[2].jpg
    0025[2].jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 1,012
hi MartinV56 ,

at first l also think cann drive or said good control of NS1000 because long time ago I was NS2000 user. NS2000 was very hard to drive!

But when my friend told me that his NS1000 stardard version & FX-1 can very easy to push.

Use 300B SE also can use. But use interstage couple will better bass.

Then I order one pair of Ebony & try to use 300B. yes, it cannot full control for classic music. But for room music & jazz, ( not heavy Jazz) it can do well. I will try 811SE & 211SE. I will continous report to share experience.

this one was very easy to drive/

Yamaha FX-1

http://page.freett.com/knisi/fx-1.html

thx

thomas

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

The output transformer secondary could go in the cathode circuit of the 811A and the loop feedback could be reduced . On the VT25 'dynamic coupled' driver there is no way of selecting the required bias on the 811A which may need attending to . See schematic , this amp uses a tertiary winding on the transformer to offset anode current against filament current which may be confusing , so ignore the coil marked '55t' . It also uses filament bias for the input valve which may be unfamiliar to some .

cheers

316A

Attachments

• 3c24mk2.jpg
    3c24mk2.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 715
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.