Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Best SE output transformer for 300B - shootout
Best SE output transformer for 300B - shootout
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 11th April 2015, 10:52 AM   #111
Bas Horneman is offline Bas Horneman  Netherlands
diyAudio Moderator Emeritus

The EAR 859 schematic was published in a hifi magazine. So I think it is legal to put up here. Else just google EAR 859.

The pdf: http://www.jogis-roehrenbude.de/Lese...Paravicini.pdf
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ear859.jpg (103.2 KB, 1059 views)

Last edited by Bas Horneman; 11th April 2015 at 10:57 AM.
Old 11th April 2015, 08:25 PM   #112
dhsettim is offline dhsettim  New Zealand
diyAudio Member

Default thanks Bas

Thanks Bas, you have always been a gentleman, best, tim
Old 11th April 2015, 08:39 PM   #113
Bas Horneman is offline Bas Horneman  Netherlands
diyAudio Moderator Emeritus

You're welcome Tim.
Old 24th September 2015, 05:36 PM   #114
andyjevans is offline andyjevans  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

I just built a 4P1L SE which I posted on the "One more 4P1L SE" thread". Up to now I've been using a LL1660/80mA with two 4P1L outputs in parallel. This version with a single 4P1L output sounds a touch better to me. OPT is a LL1682/50mA. Much cheaper and smaller! Looks like a subtle improvement, though the circuit is slightly different so could be other things. But I'm definitely not losing any quality here.

The LL1682/50ma is one of a family which includes the LL1663 and LL1664 which probably sound similar. Does anyone have any feedback on these models? What I'm hearing is good.
Old 29th September 2015, 12:07 PM   #115
Abszero is offline Abszero  United States
diyAudio Member

Hi Andy,
I built with both 1663 and 1664 and very much like how they sound. I upgraded from the 1664 to Monolith Etude1, and I can say that ther is a slight improvement in detail and extended ends. However, One pays the price.
Best,
Radu
Old 29th September 2015, 01:26 PM   #116
diyAudio Member

Thanks Radu - your knowledge is much appreciated. I imagine that a more economical step up is to Hashimoto H-507S. Can't think of much else now Tango and Tamura are hard to get and fetching high prices.
Old 29th September 2015, 09:23 PM   #117
kmaier is offline kmaier  United States
diyAudio Member

I use the Hashimoto H507S for my 45 monoblock amps along with their PT-100F power transformer and C60-50W choke. They are very good units and the amp is flat to 50KHz within a dB or so. I've been using the amps regularly since 2008 and the performance has been excellent. I can highly recommend the Hashimoto products, I have a decent sized collection of them. All are top notch fit/finish and performance, but not inexpensive.

Regards, KM
Old 14th October 2015, 03:12 AM   #118
beto1 is offline beto1  Chile
diyAudio Member

guys, this is my short list, after I read a couple of forums and based on other mates subjective comments, to replace my AN 152 OPT (AN Kit One):

Hashimoto H-30-3,5
Tamura F-2007 (as far as I know, 7001 and 7002 were discontinued)
Monolith Magnetics Summit S-9

All of this trafos can be new and not at speculative prices as some Tango and Tamura.
The idea is to get something equally good to the Audio Note double C core Improved HiB core, the less expensive of the AN C core line, but costing either way something like the double than the ones on the list. So that is a very good reason to look for alternatives. Btw, I have no information about the new wavac tango.
Any comment will be welcomed.
Old 14th October 2015, 03:33 AM   #119
Egindin is offline Egindin  United States
diyAudio Member

Why look for exotic, expensive irons when we have top quality, reasonably priced, manufacturer right here in the US? I mean Electra Print Audio located in Las Vegas, NV. A bonus point is that every time I do business with Jack Eliano, the owner, I get tons of audio info thrown in for free.
Old 14th October 2015, 07:03 AM   #120
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egindin View Post
Why look for exotic, expensive irons when we have top quality, reasonably priced, manufacturer right here in the US?
Who is "we" on an international forum?

Importing to the UK incurs significant shipping and also import duty and handling tax. It doesn't end up as reasonably priced compared with buying Lundahl here in Europe.

Best SE output transformer for 300B - shootoutHide this!Advertise here!