• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

phonostage with 150VDC B+

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
GE, who 1st developed mag. carts., devised a circuit around the 6SC7. I've attached a schematic of a Fisher unit that followed GE's lead.

A number of changes are necessary to use modern mag. carts. The I/P resistor has to be 47 KOhms and the HF roll off is achieved by placing a cap. across the O/P.

I'm working with a fellow who has a pair of the Fisher mono units. Perhaps he will be willing to provide a scan of the regulated PSU that was devised, with help from the "crowd" here.

BTW, that cicuitry will work with a 'SL7 or a 5751. Don't forget a DC heater supply.

Attachments

• fisher pr-6 schematic.gif
    fisher pr-6 schematic.gif
    38.5 KB · Views: 373
Thanks for the input.

I think I can adopt my ptx for Thorsten designed circuit (12ax7/6dj8) phonostage.

BTW, how do you compute for the voltages using the hybrid rectifier (two diodes and a tube rectifier). do multiply the voltages from the diodes with 1.41 and use that to simulate using PSUD2?

Thanks.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.