• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Diode Heatsink

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,

I am building an Aikido Pre-Amp and am going to use solid state rectification. I am planning on attatching diodes to a heatsink which will then be mounted on top plate of chassis along with TX's, Caps, Choke etc. Will mounting the heatsink on top plate be ok? Likely to cause any problems?

Cheers
Dave:confused:

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
dmk said:
Hi all,

I am building an Aikido Pre-Amp and am going to use solid state rectification. I am planning on attatching diodes to a heatsink which will then be mounted on top plate of chassis along with TX's, Caps, Choke etc. Will mounting the heatsink on top plate be ok? Likely to cause any problems?

Cheers
Dave:confused:

You probably want to make sure the diode anode as well as the cathode are insulated from the chassis. What's the diode physical appearance?

Jan Didden

Sorry, not too much info on that link.. shoulda read it completely first. My bad.........

Maybe try a Fairchild Stealth diode, some people are reporting good success with them and they can be had in 1200V 8A To-220 package from Mouser for $1.95

I may just go that route instead of the Mur4100e as the FS do not need snubbers to keep them ultra quiet. (as reported, but not by me) (I have no practical experience with either of them)

FS stealth diode

Ron

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.