• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Advice for retubing VTL Ichiban`s

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all of you.

I recently bought a pair of VTl Ichiban mono amps. These are 200W triode amps using 12! EL34 / KT90 /6550C pr. channel. I bought them as projects. They have not been used for several years and needs going over with new tubes, sockets ect. Bying 24 output tubes is quite an investment so I would like to get it right the first time. These amps are only operated in tiode mode and the current in each tube is quite modest. (about 25mA)
I am considering The EH KT90, the amps were sold with EI KT90 when new. What difference in sound should i expect from these compard to svetlana 6550C in the same circuit.
I neet a base that is as tight as posible as i am driving a pair of Quadral Titan MK III transmisionline speakers. For the rest of the fq. band i like "Telefunken " sound a lot. Anny input is welcome.
Thanks - Peter Jensen, Denmark.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.