• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

My 1st scratch build complete......

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I finished my 1st scratch build this weekend. A 27 pre.. I used only hand & hand power tools, no drill press or anything like that. never even done a kit before, so took my time & it works.. I happy addition to my system since bieng w/ TVC for over a year. I don't see going back anytime soon.. on to a 26 now... & a big thanks to"Skip"

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Thanks,..I can't post schematic without permission, I didn't get it off the net. It uses 2- OA3 VR tubes, 6zy5 full wave rect, 27 globes, Motor run & Solen w/ 2 chokes. 75v on 27 plates. battery bias using NiMH AA's. All in all the most fun I have ever had in audio bar none. Thing sounds damn good to boot, sorry about schematic at this time. Just that I would show a 1st time build to you hard cores. The oak chassis was thought of way in advance. I work with wood better than I do with metal so gave it a try. I am going to try a 26 next.

Thanks for the sticker give away, I didn't even think of the sticky -gooie mess that it will do. I did learn NOT to put your rect so close to signal tubes..I should have put VR's & 27's much further away from rect.. I have small hum & shouldn't tried everything. I chaulk it up to bad part layout, but it is a 1st time gig. I will do better on the 26 next time. I also learned alot about keeping AC from DC in wiring,, the hard way..all leraning & fun for me.. Best sounding antenna you will ever hear.!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.